To date, 22 of the 71 pilot and group 1 sites have been migrated to WordPress, with another five in process. We’re happy to report that the migration tool we developed is working exceptionally well so far, and that site maintainers have had little to do during the migration. We expect some change as we get into more complex sites, but anticipate maintainers will still be pleased.
In addition to site migrations, Web Services is working on several Web2020 projects, including:
- Evaluating 3rd party giving forms with External Relations
- Assembling a group to discuss campus directory requirements
- Usability testing — we are conducting testing with site maintainers to identify opportunities to improve the user experience in WordPress.
- Homepage refresh (not full redesign)
- Training website for site maintainers
We’re excited about WordPress and think there will be some nice benefits for all. Stay warm!