Web development standards/best practices will be developed to help ensure that code is consistent, maintainable, and sustainable.
- Code additions should be developed on separate branches so that work can be integrated into the mainline of development incrementally (“feature branches”.)
- Code reviews will be conducted on student work and periodic staff work
- Testing (incl testing for accessibility) – working on developing automated tests, where applicable
- Students will be trained on standards used by Web Services
- Configurations similar to the above should be used in other environments (Node.js, PHP outside of WordPress, etc…)
- Standards should be reviewed and updated annually