The Web Services Group, in consultation with the office of Accessibility Resources, is responsible for ensuring Carleton’s web-based tools and sites broadly follow WCAG 2.0 (Level AA) accessibility standards. We expect individual offices and departments to be responsible for the accessibility of content they publish to the web. To that end, we encourage and offer tools for those who contribute to Carleton’s websites to learn and follow web content accessibility best practices.
To support these efforts, Web Services will:
- Provide site visitors with a way to let us know if they have difficulty accessing something on our website.
- Provide web accessibility training to primary site maintainers.
- Give site editors access to tools that help identify accessibility issues, so they can fix them and, ultimately, avoid them.
- Incorporate accessibility review into the web development QA process.
- Plan for periodic self-audits (2x/year).
- List accessibility compliance (based on current standards at the time) as a requirement when evaluating 3rd party products that will be used in conjunction with the website.