How do you read your financial aid bill? How do you budget for a week, month, or year? How do you choose and manage a bank account or credit card?
Ideally, all college students will receive an education in financial literacy during college. TRIO provides financial literacy workshops, individualized counseling, and a subscription to iGrad for all TRIO students.
All Carleton TRIO students have access to iGrad, a personal finance platform that offers courses on budgeting, debt management, building credit, and more!
TRIO students are required to complete at least iGrad one activity (course, tool, guide, or article) per term. Students may select an activity of their choice or use one of the recommended activities below to get started:
- First-Year Recommended Activities
- Sophomore Recommended Activities
- Junior Recommended Activities
- Senior Recommended Activities
- The First-Generation College Student’s Guide to Student Loans – from I’m First
- A Beginner’s Guide to Repaying Student Loans – New York Times
- 3 Basic but Crucial Things to Know About Student Loans – New York Times