Northfield Lines Metro EXPRESS:
- Direct questions to Northfield Lines which operates this service at (888) 670-8068.
- Buses to and from the MSP International Airport (Terminal 1 TRANSIT CENTER) and the Mall of America.
- See the 2023–24 schedule
- Purchase tickets online
- Northfield Lines offers additional buses at the beginning and end of each term for Carleton students to get to and from MSP airport. These tickets go on sale around one month before each break.
- Beginning and end of term break bus:
- Carleton College Break Bus Tickets
- Each passenger is allowed one carry-on bag and a maximum of 3 checked bags. Fees will be assessed on checked bags as follows:
- 1st checked bag FREE
- 2nd checked bag $15.00
- 3rd checked bag $25.00
- Bicycle $15.00
- If you have not paid for luggage in advance, please have CASH ready. Drivers DO NOT accept credit cards, checks, or mobile payment options.
At MSP International Airport:
- NORTHFIELD METRO EXPRESS PICKS UP IN THE SILVER PARKING RAMP
- From baggage claim at TERMINAL 1, go down to Level T (1 level below baggage claim) to access the Tram to the Silver Parking Ramp. Take the tram to stop (it only makes one) and go up 1 level to Silver Parking Ramp
- Please note: You will need to go outside to look for your bus.
- The BUS signage throughout the airport terminals will guide you. Or, ask for assistance at one of the Information Desks.
Flight Delays and Missed Connections Are Always a Possibility:
- Always travel with a backup plan and money for an emergency situation. If your travel plans change or you miss your bus, arrange for a taxi as a back up to ensure you return to campus in time for the start of the new term.
- $35 each way purchased online
How to Use:
- To purchase tickets visit the Northfield Lines website. Select your departure and arrival locations and the date you wish to travel. Select the appropriate departure time and enter your name and payment information. Print out your boarding pass and give that to the driver when boarding the bus.