Student Storage is available to students as an alternative to taking possessions off campus each year. Space for items to be stored is limited.
Carleton College does not insure and is not responsible for loss or damage from any cause to the personal property of students (including items in storage). We recommend that students acquire renters insurance.
How to Utilize Student Storage
- Immediate Access – Identified storage locations are open for scheduled periods during peak times.
- By Appointment – If you cannot get to storage during Immediate Access or need a different location, please fill out the Storage Appointment Request Form.
- Storage Hours – Normal storage hours by appointment are Monday – Friday 9:30am – 4:00pm by appointment only.
- Each stored item must have a current storage ticket. Tickets are for the current academic year and may be purchased at the Bookstore during their regular business hours. Tickets cost $7 each for regular storage boxes and $10 each for bike.
- Refrigerators can be no larger than 3.5 cubic feet and also require a storage ticket.
- Expired storage items will be donated to the Lighten Up Garage Sale. Please take time each year to renew your outdated storage tickets if you do not pick up all your belongings.
Type of Storage
- Regular Storage – This would be for students returning to campus in the fall the weekend before classes start.
- Off Campus Storage – This is for students who will be taking a term off-campus. Specific areas are identified each term to plan for immediate access upon a student’s return.
- Bike Storage – Very limited indoor bike storage is available at James Hall and Goodhue Hall and requires a Bike Storage Ticket. Outdoor bike storage is available at Goodhue and Musser.
- Early Arrival – Any student arriving to campus beginning in August (i.e. Athletes, Peer Leaders, NSW Leaders, RAs, etc.) Students who are arriving early to campus must use these locations, as they will be the only ones available for immediate access during the early arrival period.
- Storage must be in boxes, trunks, or luggage displaying a current storage ticket. Plastic bags, odd containers, or loose items will not be accepted. Skis will be accepted if bound and ticketed.
- Furniture (including lamps) cannot be stored.
- Students are responsible for bringing their items directly to the location.
- A limited number of carts may available for student use and can be checked out from the storage locations. Return carts immediately after use (you will be charged for carts not returned).
- Plan ahead. There will be days during Opening and Closing that storage access will not be available. Allow yourself enough time as many students may be accessing storage.
- Tape both top and bottom of the box with packing tape or duct tape.
- Do not over pack your box. Make sure you will be physically able to lift your boxes on to storage shelves.
- Do not pack food or liquids (i.e. laundry detergent, shampoo, lotion). These items can be donated to Lighten Up.
- Tape plastic totes and drawers shut.
- Clean your refrigerator ahead of time so it has time to defrost. It must be clean and dry before you can take it to storage.