Provided in Room:
- XL Twin bed frame and mattress
- Desk chair
- Trash can and recycling bin
- Closet / Armoire
- All rooms within our traditional residential halls are furnished with a Microwave/Refrigerator/Freezer Unit
Provided in Common Areas:
- Television Lounge: TV
- Kitchen: sink, full-sized refrigerator, microwave and stove/oven unit
- Laundry rooms: Drying racks
What to Bring:
Certain items such as furniture, mattresses, futons, etc. are not allowed to be stored in available on campus student storage facilities. Please have an alternative storage plan for these items prior to bringing them to campus. Visit Student Storage for more information about the program.
- Sheets (Beds are Twin XL, 80″ long)
- Shower caddy
- Shower shoes
- Towels and washcloths
- A first aid kit and thermometer
- Your personal over the counter and prescription medications
- Personal hygiene products (some brands may not be available locally)
- A laundry basket or bag
- High Efficiency laundry detergent (pods are recommended)
- Personal drying rack if desired
All of our housing has wireless internet access and Ethernet connection available. Many students bring their own computers. Computer labs are available around campus. Printing is available in various places around campus
Rooms within our traditional residential halls are furnished with a Microwave/Refrigerator/Freezer Unit. Refrigerators larger than 3.6 cubic feet are not permitted. Full size refrigerators are located in public kitchens.
Rooms within our traditional residential halls are furnished with a Microwave/Refrigerator/Freezer Unit. Appliances over 6 amps are not permitted. Microwaves can be found in public kitchens.
Televisions, Media Players, and Gaming Systems
Most lounges have a TV with cable. There’s no cable in your room.
Additional Items for Furnishing Your Room & Living at Carleton
- Power strip with surge protector
- Floor lamps
- Rug (although most halls are carpeted)
- Memo board/dry-erase board for door
- Kitchen supplies (baking sheet, mixing bowl, etc.) Dish soap is not provided.
- Water Bottle
- Reusable thermos/travel mug
- Pets (except fish)
- Halogen lamps
- Appliances with open heating elements may not be used in rooms
- Personal lofts
- Weapons/firearms/firecrackers/lighter fluid
- Nails or other materials that will cause paint chips, wall markings, or leave residue
- Air conditioners
- Space heaters
Check with your roommate while you plan, especially regarding larger items.