James Hall was built as one of a pair of residence halls in honor of Carleton students who perished while serving in the US military. James Hall, originally called Memorial Hall was built in 2008, at the same time as Cassat Hall. It’s a four story building located on the southeast side of campus and is linked by an underground tunnel to Cassat Hall.
James Hall or James Suites was designed with a focus on sustainability and is LEED Gold certified. James has suite style accommodations, broken down into quints and quads. In these suites there are kitchenettes with a sink, refrigerator, and microwave. There are also four full kitchens located in the floor lounges. James is located near the Mini Bald Spot and the Language and Dining Center.
- Street Address: 140 North Nevada Street
- Suites drawn by apartment group
- Meal Plan Information
- Upperclass only
- Room Dimensions
- Floor Plans
- Laundry Facilities located on each
- Floor Kitchens and Lounges
- TVs located in each floor lounge
- Basement suites do not have above amenities
- OneCard room and suite door access