Information and reservation forms related to housing between academic terms.
Fall Pre-Season & Early Arrival Housing
Pre-Season Housing is for athletes only and is reserved by the team coaches.
Early Arrival Housing is for students who are working on campus and reservations are made by the department supervisors.
If your coach or supervisor has requested that you return to campus prior to the Friday of returning student move-in weekend. Please contact them with your date of arrival.
The Residential Life Office summer office hours are 8:30am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday. Our office will not be open on weekends unless a department makes arrangements with the Director of Residential Life.
Winter Break Housing
Winter Break Housing 2020
What is the cost?
- Residing on campus includes a meal plan. The cost is $30 / day with a maximum cost for the entire break being capped at $1000.
- The cost will be billed to your student account.
- Departments may not fund housing expenses on behalf of the student due to the taxable nature of the payment. Winter Break Housing expenses will be billed to the student’s Carleton account.
- If you change plans, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where will I live?
- Students will be able to remain in their Fall Term assignment if they live in a traditional residence hall or townhouse. We will work with students living in draw or interest houses to relocate for break.
To Request Winter Break Housing:
On-campus students received closing information by email on Monday, October 26, which included a link to request break housing.
If you have questions contact email@example.com.
Spring Break Housing 2021
While the majority of college services are not available over Spring Break, we recognize some students may have situations that require housing continue to be provided. International students will be approved to stay due to potential travel complications. If you have a reason to remain on campus over Spring Break please complete the Spring Break Housing 2021 Form to request an approval. International students will be automatically approved provided they complete the form.
All of the Residence Halls and Townhouses will be available for Spring Break Housing. If you live in a different location Residential Life may work with you to be relocated somewhere else on campus for the break period.
Students requesting to stay on campus for Spring Break will need to remain on campus during the entire break period. Break Housing is not available if a student wishes to leave campus and return later in the break period. Break Housing is only available for students who will be living on campus for Spring Term.
Break housing will cost $35 / day to cover housing and meals. All students who remain on campus over the break period will have the meal plan.
*Departments may not fund housing expenses on behalf of the student due to the taxable nature of the payment. Spring Break Housing expenses will be billed to the student’s Carleton account.
Commencement Week Housing 2020
Who’s eligible to stay on campus between Tuesday, June 9 and Saturday, June 13?
- Graduating Seniors (stay in their spring term room assignment until 5 p.m. on Commencement Day)
- Siblings of Graduating Seniors who are spring term Carleton residents (will receive an email in April with reservation form attached)
- Spring Term Residents who are working for a department (reservations are made by departmental supervisors)
- Summer Residents (please go to the Summer Housing webpage)
- Guests of Graduating Seniors (rooms available with reservation from Friday, June 12 through noon on Sunday, June 14)
Summer Housing 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic students who are not currently on campus are not eligible to return to campus for housing during Summer 2020.