Immunizations Available On Campus:
The Flu Vaccine Clinic will be held during the 2022-2023 academic year as follows:
- Monday, October 24th, 3:00pm-7:00pm
- Tuesday, October 25th, 9:30am-1:00pm
- Monday, October 31st 1:30pm-6:00pm
- Tuesday, November 1st, 8:30am-2:00pm
- Tuesday, November 8th, 8:30am-2:30pm
- Wednesday, November 9th, 11:00am-2:00pm
- Location: Severance – Great Hall
2022-2023 Monthly Immunization Clinics: Homeland Health Specialists administer vaccinations at SHAC monthly. Immunization clinics will take place between noon and 1 or 2pm generally on the following Tuesdays:
Oct. 18; Nov. 15; Jan. 17; Feb. 21; Mar. 28; Apr. 18; and May 16.
Please pre-register at least a week before the scheduled dates by calling (507-222-4080), or sending a Secure Message through your patient portal. After you pre-register, you will receive a confirmation email with your arrival time for the immunization(s), and the location of the clinic.
Homeland Health Specialists offer a variety of immunizations:
- Influenza (injection or mist): $35*
- Tetanus, diphtheria, whooping cough: $65*
- Hepatitis A: $100 each (series of 2 required to be fully immunized)*
- Hepatitis B: $100 each (series of 3 is required to be fully immunized)*
- MMR: $110*
- Meningococcal: $150*
- HPV: $250 each (series of 3 is required to be fully immunized)*
* = Homeland Health Specialists will accept Carleton-sponsored Insurance/Wellfleet (“Student Injury and Sickness Plan”) for these vaccinations, but students may not always be fully reimbursed the above amounts. Prices may be subject to change. Contact SHAC for details.
Immunizations Available at Local Clinics:
If the on-campus immunization clinic dates are inconvenient, you may receive immunizations at the following Northfield Clinics:
- Allina Medical Clinic
- Northfield Clinic (for lowest cost at this location, visit SHAC medical services first)
Some local pharmacies may also offer some immunizations.
- You will need to use your insurance for off-campus care.
- Carleton-sponsored Insurance (“Student Injury and Sickness Plan”) covers most of the above immunizations. It does NOT cover the Rabies vaccine.
First Year Students:
View the immunizations required before coming to Carleton (per Minnesota state law.)
Immunization Records Request Process:
To obtain a copy of your immunization record after leaving Carleton:
- Mail, email, or fax the Immunization Records Request Form to Student Health and Counseling. The request needs to include your name, birth date, graduation year, written signature and the name, address and/or fax number of where you want the information sent/faxed. We will process your request as soon as possible.
- Student Health and Counseling is open limited hours in the summer, therefore please request your records early enough for your request to be accommodated during our shortened summer office hours.
- Student health records are kept for 8 years after the date of graduation.