Our medical services team is comprised of nurse practitioners who are licensed to assess, diagnose, and treat your medical concerns. We can take care of most of your health needs while on campus and can help you access care off campus when needed.
How to make an appointment
- Call our office at 507-222-4080
- Schedule online through mySHAC portal
- Send a secure message through mySHAC portal for assistance
- Stop in to ask about appointment availability
Services we provide include
- Eye, ear, nose, and throat concerns
- Upper respiratory illnesses such as influenza, COVID-19, etc
- Skin concerns
- Bladder infections
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Birth Control – education about methods; prescriptions; refills
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) testing
- Includes EXPRESS STI Testing on Tuesdays during the term.
- Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and Post-exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) for HIV
- Treatment of yeast and vaginal infections
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Emergency Contraception (Plan B/Ella)
- FREE condoms available in our lobby
- Pap Testing (starting at age 21 by current recommendations)
- Cuts and scrapes
- We do have limited supplies for cuts requiring sutures (stitches) and ability to place these
- Sprains & strains
- Minor burns
- Blood draws/testing
- We can draw labs ordered by outside providers, or order labs we feel are appropriate for your care. These will be sent to off-site lab (LabCorp or Northfield Hospital) depending on your insurance coverage.
- Common tests drawn: CBC, ferritin, iron, metabolic panel, TB screening (IGRA), syphilis, HIV, hepatitis screening
- Point of Care Testing- results completed in SHAC same day
- Rapid Strep Throat testing
- Mononucleosis (“mono”) testing
- Influenza testing
- COVID testing
- Urine Pregnancy Testing
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (Gonorrhea and Chlamydia, HIV, Syphilis, etc) through swabs, urine, and blood as needed.
Our medical staff can write prescriptions to be filled at local pharmacies. A limited variety of commonly prescribed medications are able to be dispensed at SHAC at cost.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a complete list of services. Please call to inquire if there is a service you need that you do not see listed.
Services Contracted with Other Agencies to Provide On-Campus
- Immunizations (Performed at SHAC by Homeland Health)
Services Not Provided on Campus
- Complete Physical Exams (including pre-employment or travel physicals)
- Imaging (X-ray; MRI; CT)
- Allergy shots
- You can get your allergy injections at the Allina Medical Clinic (507-663-9000). You will need a consult with an Allina allergist before they will allow injections to occur (can be virtual).
- Please note: Northfield Clinic no longer provides this service.
- Storage of personal medications for students.
- We suggest purchasing a refrigerator or lock box to use in your dorm room.
- Lockable medicine containers are available to purchase at a reduced cost at Sterling Drug, 700 Division St., Northfield.