- Short-term 1:1 care with a counselor that understands the Carleton experience
- Counselor-facilitated support with your peers who share similar experiences and concerns
- 24/7/365 access to phone consultation with a licensed counselor. Call (855) 705-2479. (Visit the After Hours and Emergency Information site for more.)
- Short-term individual counseling is offered free to all Carleton students.
- Unlimited group counseling
- Psychiatry – medication consultation, initiation, and maintenance
- Dietitian – nutrition therapy for students struggling with their relationship with food
- Referrals to off-campus therapy (so students can seek specialists or find providers whom they can see for longer-term therapy.) See case management services for assistance.
- Supportive counseling for any issue, large or small. You don’t need to be in crisis or have a diagnosed mental health issue to seek care.
- Emergency After-Hours phone consultation
Reasons Student Seek Care:
- eating disorders
- alcohol and/or drug use
- assault or abuse
- sexual identity
- academic stress
- friendship or roommate conflicts
- family relationships
All counseling services are confidential. Information regarding a student’s counseling cannot be released, except as dictated by law, without the written consent of the student. No record of the student’s visit is placed on a transcript or academic record.
- 4 full-time licensed counselors
- 1-2 part-time licensed counselors
- Consulting psychiatrist for medication management (Mondays and Tuesdays)
- Consulting dietitian for nutritional therapy