41st Annual Spring Concert (Sproncert)
Saturday, May 21, 2022 is the 41st annual Spring Concert! Gates open at 2:00 p.m. on the fields behind the Recreation Center. A current OneCard is required for admission. This is a private, closed event for students of Carleton College.
2:00 p.m. Gates Open
2:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. Student DJ
2:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Paranoid Fiction (30 minute set)
2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Student DJ
3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Beans of Production (30 minute set)
3:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. Student DJ
3:45 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Rebecca McCartney (45 minute set)
4:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Student DJ
4:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Gully Boys (45 minute set)
5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Student DJ
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Maude Latour (60 minute set)
7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Student DJ
7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Tank & the Bangas (60 minute set)
8:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Student DJ
9:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Duckwrth
10:00 p.m. – 10:15 p.m. Fireworks
- This is a private event for current Carleton students and up to (1) registered guest. It is not open to the public.
- The DINING HALLS ARE CLOSED SATURDAY NIGHT WITH DINNER BEING SERVED AT SPRONCERT, from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. This meal is part of the Board Meal Plan (not free).
- A filtered water station will be available to fill water bottles. All water bottles must be empty prior to entry.
- No pets within fenced area.
- No private tents or other enclosed structures.
- No parking lot tailgating permitted.
- No grills within the fenced area.
- Guests MUST be registered in advance by noon on Friday, May 20. Unregistered guests will not be admitted.
- One guest per Carleton student. Guest must be 18+ and present a photo ID at entry which shows proof of age.
- Online guest registration is available below.
- Guests must arrive with their student host and complete a Release of Liability Agreement online prior to arrival. Once registered, guests will receive an automated email and link to the agreement form.
- Beer, cider, hard seltzer, and malt beverages are permitted for those +21. No hard alcohol or wine.
- For those who choose to consume alcohol, please read the following:
- Be prepared to show government-issued ID as proof of age. OneCards cannot be used as proof of age. You will receive a wristband upon entry.
- Alcoholic beverages are limited to (6), 12 or 16-ounce beverages, with a maximum of 8% alcohol by volume (ABV)
- Aluminum and plastic (sealed) containers only. No glass!
- Common containers including kegs and boxed wine are prohibited.
- Please no high-risk drinking activities such as drinking games and beer bongs.
- Students who show signs of excessive intoxication will not be admitted.
Contracted security personal will be present. Bags, backpacks, coolers, etc. will be checked at the gate. Carleton staff and Carleton Security Officers will also be present if you need assistance.
- Food trucks will sell food, including Russell’s Traveling Kitchen and D’s Kitchen, beginning at 3:00 p.m. Be sure to come early for your chance to get a free food truck voucher at the gate, beginning at 2:00 p.m. (while supplies last).
- A Kona Ice truck will be on site providing free, flavored shaved ice.
- Bon Appétit will serve dinner 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. A OneCard is required to access meal plans. This meal is part of the Board Meal Plan. Dinner is not free. Unfortunately, neither Schillers nor cash can be accepted for this meal. Remember, the dining halls will not be open for dinner on Saturday.
Gate Give-Aways (arrive at 2pm!)
Please consider coming to Sproncert at 2:00 p.m. to support the two Carleton student bands performing this year, Paranoid Fiction and Beans of Production! As an incentive, the Committee is providing a few hundred Sproncert give-aways for those arriving at the start of the event (while supplies last)!
All items served by Bon Appétit are 100% compostable (plates, forks, napkins, etc.). Food trucks have been asked to use either compostable or recyclable materials. Please place compostable materials in the yellow bins and recyclable materials in the blue bins.
A filtered water station is available near the main entrance. Bring an EMPTY bottle to fill with water, as cups will not be provided. Free reusable water bottles will be provided for those that come at 2:00 p.m. (while supplies last).
Throughout the day it would be WONDERFUL if people made an effort to clean up after themselves. This event is coordinated in part by students and volunteers, so every little bit helps.
Assistance during the event is available from contracted security, Carleton Security, staff from the Student Activities Office (SAO), and members from the Sproncert Committee (in pink Sproncert tshirts). There is also an Information Booth located near the main entrance. This is also where the lost and found is located. Any lost and found items not picked-up before midnight, will be brought to the Sayles-Hill Info Desk on Monday morning. Items of particular importance (e.g., wallets, OneCards, room keys, cell phones) will be brought to Campus Security immediately following the event.
In the event of dangerous weather, the concert may be delayed or cancelled. Lightning, tornadoes, and torrential rain are primary reasons. Announcements with more information will be made from the stage and via the CarlAlert system to all cell phones if necessary.
Access to Goodhue is limited to building residents beginning at Noon on Saturday through 3:00 a.m. on Sunday, May 22.
The 2021-2022 Sproncert Committee has worked hard to create a fun, exciting, and safe Sproncert experience. We hope you consider joining the team next year! On behalf of the Sproncert Planning Committee, the Carleton Student Association (CSA), the Student Activities Programming Board (SAPB), and the Student Activities Office (SAO), we hope to see you at Sproncert 2022!
Guest Registration Form