Tables in Sayles-Hill Great Space
A Carleton College department or student organization can reserve a table location in Sayles-Hill Great Space Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. during the academic term. Tables are typically used to promote an event, bring awareness to a campus or local issue, fundraise, or register for an upcoming event.
To reserve a table, please review the policies and steps to reserving a table below.
- After hours and weekend reservations are not available. Tables are available on a first-come first-served basis after 6:00 p.m. and/or on Saturday or Sunday.
- Tables need to be reserved 24 hours in advance.
- Table at your designated location. Each reservation will receive one 6 foot table and 2 chairs. Your table will be labeled with your department/organization.
- Table signage should be placed behind your table using the tack strips.
- No tape should be placed on the tables.
- We do not accept reservations for local business or off-campus organizations. However, if you receive sponsorship from a campus department or organization, the department/organization can make a table reservation on your behalf. There is no fee if you are sponsored.
- Banner supplies for signage at your table, supplies and a creation station are available in the Student Activities Office during business hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., M-F) or you may print them at Printing Services.
- Schillers Collection/Donations: CSA chartered student organizations may request to accept “Schillers” as a method of payment for their fundraising efforts. Campus Services must receive the application a minimum of two weeks in advance. If approved, Schilllers will be processed at the Sayles-Hill Info Desk during business hours.
Reserving a Table
- Log into EMS Web App using your Carleton ID and password.
- Please note: If you have never used the college online reservation system, you will get a pending account notification. You will be approved within 24 hours and will be able to move forward with any future reservations.
- Click on Create a Reservation.
- Select the Book Now option from Table & Banner Requests reservation template.
- Complete the request for WHEN you’d like your reservation.
- Add a location by selecting Add/Remove and selecting Sayles Hill Tabling, then Update Locations.
- A list of available tabling spaces will appear. Select the table location you want to reserve by hitting the + sign and then Add Room. See a map of the specific locations in Sayles-Hill Great Space. Note: If no tables appear, there are no tabling spaces available on the date you selected.
- Once all tabling spaces have been selected, select Next Step.
- You will be directed to the details page; you must fill out all form fields with a red asterisk, and then click Submit Reservation.
Note: If your student group is not listed, choose “Other-Student.”
- Click Create Reservation.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Student Activities Office once your reservation has been confirmed.