A Carleton College department or student organization can reserve banner space in Sayles-Hill to promote your upcoming event. To reserve a banner, please review the policies and steps to reserving a banner.
- Banners should be no larger than three feet wide by four feet long. They should not hang past the bottom of the balcony.
- Banners can be reserved for up to seven consecutive days.
- Banners should be event specific and MUST include the following information; department/organization name sponsoring the event, the date, time, and location of the event.
- Banners should be posted using the tack strips (no tape please).
- You are responsible to post your banner in the reservation location and you should take your banner down at the end of your reservation. If it is not removed, it will be recycled at the end of the reservation.
- Reservations should be made 24 hours in advance
Reserving a Banner Space
- Log into EMS Web App using your Carleton ID and password.
- Please note: If you have never used the college online reservation system, you will get a pending account notification. You will be approved within 24 hours and will be able to move forward with any future reservations.
- Click on Create a Reservation.
- Select the Book Now option from Table & Banner Requests reservation template.
- Complete the request for WHEN you’d like your reservation.
- Add a location by selecting Add/Remove and selecting Sayles Hill Banners, then Update Locations.
- A list of available banner spaces will appear. Select the banner location you want to reserve by hitting the + sign and then Add Room. (See a map of the specific locations in Sayles-Hill Great Space.) Note: If no banners appear, there are no banner spaces available on the date you selected.
- Once all banner spaces have been selected, select Next Step.
- You will be directed to the details page; you must fill out all form fields with a red asterisk, and then click Submit Reservation.
Note: If your student group is not listed choose Other-Student.
- Click Create Reservation.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Student Activities Office once your reservation has been confirmed.
Banner Supplies & Storage
Banner supplies and a creation station are available in the Student Activities Office during business hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., M-F) or you may print a banner at Print Services.
If you would like to make your banner in advance or save it after your reservation, there is a storage rack in the Student Activities Office. Please put the contact name and date to save banner on the outside of your poster.