Statement of Purpose
Carleton’s Academic Team Program provides unique involvement opportunities for students devoted to self-exploration, peer collaboration, and supporting a global community. These teams are funded primarily by the Dean of Students Office and include Model UN, Mock Trial, and Forensics/Speech & Debate.
Travel Policies & Procedures
In the interest of student safety, improved communication, and fiscal responsibility, the following policies and procedures exist for students traveling on behalf of an Academic Team:
- All participants must be in good disciplinary standing with the College.
- All travel plans must be discussed and approved in advance with the Director of Student Activities (or his/her designee) prior to making any travel arrangements.
- Any purchase(s) made prior to receiving approval from the Director of Student Activities (or his/her designee) will not be reimbursed.
All participants are required to complete the Trip Leader form and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement online.
The following expenses are not reimbursable and are the responsibility of the student participant:
- Food and beverage expenses (unless mutually agreed on prior to travel).
- Personal incidentals (i.e., laundry service, baggage handling tips, long distance phone calls, in-room movies, internet fees, clothing/uniforms, personal toiletries, etc.).
- Fees associated with obtaining a Visa, Passport, Driver’s License, etc.
- Fees associated with changing an airline ticket or hotel reservation. Student participants are personally responsible for all associated change fees if they elect to adjust travel plans after the initial ticket and/or reservation is made.
Carleton will cover the cost of one checked bag for airline travel. The cost of checking additional or over-sized bags is the responsibility of the participant.
- For travel within the United States: Arrangements must be made with the Student Activities Office at least three weeks prior to departure.
- For international travel: Contact must be made with the Student Activities Office at least 45 days prior to departure.
Note: The necessary travel documents such as Driver’s Licenses, Visas, Passports, immunization records, etc. must be obtained for all participants before the college will make any travel arrangements.
Receipts and a completed reimbursement form must be submitted to the Student Activities Office within 10 days of the conclusion of the event. Reimbursement requests received after the 10 days will not be approved.
- All participants are required to sign a “Delegate or Participation Agreement Form”
Academic Team Events
Find information and waiver forms for upcoming academic team events on the pages linked below.