The Sport Club Executive Council aids and advises the club representatives in administering the Sport Club Program. It exists to promote participation in the Sport Club Program and has as its primary objective to provide a medium for the exchange of information regarding the Sport Club guidelines and procedures.
Each Individual SPORT CLUB shall elect an officer to attend periodic Sport Club Council meetings and report back to the club. Others may attend as guests, but shall not have voting rights.
Sport Club Executive Council Structure
Sport Club Executive Council
- To recommend and monitor the CSA Recreational allocation of funds and resources for the maintenance of the Sport Club, including a non-allocated emergency fund based on 10% of the total Sport Club’s budget.
- To review applications for clubs desiring Sport Club Status and to determine appropriate status for each club completing the application process.
- To serve as an appeal board and rule on club appeals regarding decisions made by the Sport Club Executives and the Sport Club Director.
- To review each club’s adjusted budget request, and to make recommendations for allocation amounts.
- To formulate and enforce procedures which facilitate the development of the Sport Club Program.
- To make recommendations, offer advice, and assist in the decision-making process in other matters when requested to do so by the Sport Club Director.
- Safety Coordinator
- Marketing/Publications Officer
The Sport Club Executives will also assist the Sport Club Director in the following ways:
- Administrative assistance and guidance.
- Budget preparation assistance.
- Assistance and supervision with finances.
- Field and facility reservations assistance.
- Equipment storage, checkout, and purchase.
- Assistance with transportation arrangements – limited basis.
- Consultation on publicity and promotion.
- Administrative record keeping.
Council Representatives from each club
- The Sport Club Executives and club representatives will serve on the council.
- Executive Council will serve as Co-Chairs for all regular meetings.
- The Secretary will serve as recorder for all meetings.
- Any Carleton club officer who is an active member of a returning Sport Club may apply for a position on the Sport Club Executive Council.
- Only one member per club may serve on the Sport Club Council.
A quorum is set at 8 members.
The Sport Club Council shall meet as necessary throughout the course of the academic school year. Any Sport Club can petition the Sport Club Executives to convene a meeting of the Sport Club Council.
Executive Council Responsibilities
Sets meeting agenda items with Sport Club Director; responsible for conducting bi/weekly council meetings; responsible for sanctions against clubs who commit minor and major infractions affecting the organization of Sport Clubs and draft any email recommendations to club officers and administrators as needed and based on the input from the executive council.
Records the minutes of each meeting and post these on the Sport Club’s website; responsible for informing the council of previous business and decisions made concerning the management of clubs; lead email conversations relating to topics discussed at previous meeting or upcoming meetings as needed; help the Sport Club Director to review policies based on decisions ratified by the Sport Club Council.
Leads clubs in hazing/alcohol awareness training; be general contact for hazing/alcohol/safety issues; work with Rec Student EMT’s to ensure proper safety for all club teams at practice and games; help organize concussion education sessions and hold discussion on disciplinarian contract in individual club sports constitutions at is relates to unsafe behavior.
Heads the council allocation meeting in Spring term; keeps track and budgeting the executive council’s emergency funds, being a liaison to clubs in explaining the additional funding request process and being available to assist with clubs during the budget process.
Responsible for collecting schedules and results from Sport Clubs’s assistant and ensuring that the Carletonian has this information for publication; responsible for reviewing individual club websites to stay current with season schedules and results and taking the initiative to publicize sport club events on campus.