Latin American Studies
Carleton offers both a major and a minor in Latin American Studies.
Tenured and tenure-track professors in our department serve the program in a variety of ways:
- As directors of the program
- Teaching core courses and the gateway to the program
- Teaching the capstone minor course
- Advising students’ comprehensive exercise
- Organizing the annual Foro Latinoamericano
- Organizing visits and talks by scholars every term, and
- Participating in all social and academic events for faculty and students in the program
Carleton offers a minor in European Studies, and all peninsular literature courses offered are eligible for the minor.
Other Interdisciplinary Programs
We also teach courses that contribute to the elective offerings in Environmental Studies, Cinema and Media Studies, Theater, and Women’s and Gender Studies programs.