Rachel Rosenfeld Prize
The Rachel A. Rosenfeld Prize for Excellence in the Study of Sociology and Anthropology was established in 2011 in memory of Rachel A. Rossenfeld ’70, a professor of sociology at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
The prize is awarded each spring by the sociology and anthropology department to a senior who exhibits:
- Promise in making professional contributions in the areas of sociology or anthropology
- A high level of intellectual curiosity
- Courage in the face of challenges
- Devotion to our community, and
- Enthusiasm for making connections between social theory and practice.
Past Rosenfeld Award recipients:
- 2021: Alec Morrissey & Anli Gerbino
- 2020: Natalie Slinger
- 2019: Randa Larsen
- 2018: Margot Radding
- 2017: Shayna Gleason