COVID-19 and Events. Due to the current National Health Emergency, in-person events at Carleton are all but suspended at this time. But take heart — we would love to host your Virtual Events!
Here is what Carleton can do for you:
- Assist with Hosting/Co-Hosting your event
- Work behind the scenes to admit, mute, monitor or even remove participants as necessary
- Assist with Breakout Rooms and Sharing
- Monitor the Chat section to compile lists of questions and comments
- Welcome folks to your event and help with transitions
If interested in having Auxiliary Services assist you with your virtual event, please contact Noel Ponder, Manager of Conferences and Events at email@example.com.
Reserving the perfect venue for your Carleton Meetings and Events
Reservations for the use of Carleton facilities are handled by a number of different people on campus depending on whether the reservation is for a classroom, a non-residential location or a residential location on campus.
All rooms and facilities are reserved on a first come, first served basis. To make a room request online, visit the Room Requests system. You will need to enter your current Carleton username/password and provide the following information:
- Name, phone number, and e-mail address of the contact person
- Name of the event
- Name of the sponsoring group or department
- Day and date of the event
- Actual start time and anticipated end time of the event (Not including set-up and tear-down)
- Whether catering or a set-up is needed
- Room desired (as well as 2nd & 3rd choices)
- Approximate number of people who will be attending
- NOTE: It’s a good idea to check the Events Calendar to see if there is an event on your desired day/time that could create a conflict with your event