For the Academic Year 2022-2023
- Co-Chairs: Susan Shirk, vacant
- Secretary: Quinn Arnold
- Representative to College Council: Erin Arntson
- Executive Committee: SAC Co-Chairs, SAC Secretary, Representative to College Council, and Andrea Kubinski
- Nominations and Elections: Andrea Kubinski
- Special Events: Sara Nielsen, Becky Behsmann, Danielle Schultz, Beth Vivant, Tonja Clay, Annie Larson
- Encourages and facilitates an inclusive and active community of Carleton’s professional staff by organizing and hosting events, allowing staff to expand their relationships with each other. Develops a yearly calendar of events and assists with planning, advertising and organizing these events, including set-up, food, registration, answering questions. Continues to improve upon SAC’s special events, and develop new ways to attract members to events. Committee meets approximately 8-10 times per year for an hour or less. Each committee member is asked to help organize at least one event per year.
- Staff Development: Susan Shirk, Trenne Fields, Tom Niemisto
- Develops training and information sessions to keep biweekly staff informed about issues that affect their work, to provide overviews of certain College programs, or to present current topics of interest. The sessions may be held during SAC meetings, as a separate session, or over the lunch hour. This is an opportunity to share/present information and provide for SAC member networking. Notification of scheduled sessions is posted to the campus calendar and shared via e-mail.
- Web Coordinator: Amy Gragg
- Oversee the structure of and administrative access to the SAC website, in consultation with SAC Board. Communicate with ITS as needed. Maintain on-line lists of officers, committees, representatives, bylaws, etc. Assist officers and committees with addition of information, events, and photos to the website. No regular meetings; duties require 30-60 minutes per month.
Representatives to College Committees
- Benefits Committee and Retirement Plan Investment Review Committee: Sue Jandro
- The College Benefits Committee is charged with monitoring benefits to all non-union employees of Carleton. Full description
- Bookstore Committee: Jessica Zick
- The Bookstore Committee exists to inform campus on what is going on within the Bookstore as well as receive suggestions and feedback.
- Campus Design Advisory Committee: Sara Nielsen
- The committee is to advise, through College Council, the President and the senior staff on principles and long-range perspectives regarding broad campus design and physical plant issues. Meets 3-5 times per year (90 minutes each); usually once per term and once in summer. Full description
- College Budget Committee: Linda Irrthum (effective April 1, 2019-March 26, 2023), Mary Drew (effective March 27, 2023
- Due to the specific timeline of the annual budget planning cycle the Budget Committee term begins on the first day of Spring term and concludes at the end of the second Winter term. The Budget Committee advises the Vice President and Treasurer in the construction of the annual budget and in the development of a longer-term financial plan. Biweekly meetings during academic year (90 minutes each). Full description
- College Council: Erin Arntson
- The mission of the Council is the development of policies in areas having to do with matters other than educational policy or curriculum. Full description
- Community, Equity and Diversity Initiative (CEDI): Mieux Williamsen
- CEDI’s mission is to improve campus community and promote equity and diversity on campus. Full description
- Security Services Advisory Group: Farrah Pribyl, Brenda Hellen
- The Security Services Advisory Group (SSAG) provides insight into Security Services’ practices and presence on campus. The group serves a role in Security Services’ strategy to Connect – Engage – Develop. Full description
Faculty Representative to SAC
- Melissa Eblen-Zayas, Professor of Physics
Administrative Representative to SAC
- Eric Runestad, Vice President and Treasurer