Sixty-nine credits earned through courses in the department, and in “Religion Pertinent” courses offered by other departments, and in select courses from off-campus study programs.
- RELG 110 Understanding Religion, ordinarily taken by end of fall of the junior year
- RELG 300 Theories and Methods in the Study of Religion, winter term of the junior year
- RELG 399 Senior Research Seminar, winter term of the senior year
- RELG 400 Integrative Exercise 3 credits, spring term of the senior year
- 12 credits of 300-level seminars except RELG 300, 359 or 399
- Breadth requirement
- Two 100-level survey courses numbered between 120-170
- Depth requirement
- A minimum of two courses (12 credits) that are focused on the same tradition or region of the world
Religion 100s (A & I Seminars) count toward the religion major
No cap on number of Religion Pertinent courses from other departments that can count toward the religion major
Courses taken for the depth and breadth requirements can be double-dipped and such courses could also be used for another requirement in the major if applicable.