The mission of Campus Recreation at Carleton College is to provide recreation, fitness, special events, and wellness opportunities for students, faculty, and staff. We strive to enhance healthy lifestyles and well-being on the Carleton campus in a safe and welcoming environment.
Principles and Core Values
- Diversity and Inclusion: Carleton College and the Physical Education, Athletics and Recreation (PEAR) Department value athletics and recreation as a vital part of our students’ campus and liberal arts experience. We also embrace and affirm our campus diversity statement which states:
- “A Carleton education recognizes that the world’s people differ in their race and ethnicity, culture, political and social worldviews, religious and spiritual understandings, language and geographic characteristics, gender, gender identities and sexual orientations, learning and physical abilities, age, and social and economic classes. It is essential to our high academic standards that we be committed to creating a diverse campus community.”
- Exceptional Customer Service: We listen, we care, we are here to serve. Our staff expects the best of themselves and their co-workers. Honesty, integrity, and respect are values embraced by all staff.
- Quality Experience: We provide a safe, open, and inviting atmosphere where everyone is welcome. We are the place to be for social outlets and study breaks!
- Collaboration: We partner with other departments and groups on and off campus to offer quality comprehensive programs, activities, facilities, and equipment.