As a member of the ACM (Associated Colleges of the Midwest), Carleton faculty, staff, students, and alums can take advantage of discounted rates at the following locations for business or pleasure:
- Club Quarters – ACM has a membership with Club Quarters for stays at any Club Quarters (domestic and international locations). The Club Quarters website has more information on rates, locations, and amenities. The password for ACM guests booking online is ACM. If booking over the phone make sure to mention Associated Colleges of the Midwest or ACM to get the correct rate. This can be used for business or pleasure and is open to staff, faculty, alumni, and the wider ACM community.
- Best Western River North, Chicago (125 W. Ohio) – ACM guests receive a breakfast voucher, hi-speed wireless internet access, access to the indoor pool, fitness center, and outdoor deck. You can make reservations by calling or emailing the hotel directly at 312-467-0800 or email@example.com and refer to Associated Colleges of the Midwest or ACM.
- ACM rates range between $85 and $139, depending on the time of year. Rates do not include 16.4% tax per night.
- University Club of Chicago (76 E. Monroe) – Make reservations by calling or emailing the University Club directly at 312-726-2840 and refer to Associated Colleges of the Midwest or ACM to receive the correct rate. ACM guests receive wireless internet access, access to the all fitness facilities including the pool and group classes, use of the Members’ Office suite (business center), complimentary coffee on each guest room floor, complimentary bottled water in their room, and access to all dining facilities in the Club. Parking is available at the underground Grant Park North garage (entrance is just north of Monroe in the center of Michigan Avenue) for $15-20/night (no in-and-out privileges) when validated at the Club. Each guest will be issued a “guest card” which they can use for services in the Club. All charges will be included in their final bill. Gratuities are not permitted at the Club.
- Description of room types
- Dress code policies
- Call for rates. Please note that rates may not include an 18% daily surcharge (in lieu of hotel tax since they are a private club).
Requesting Travel Funds
The Office of the Provost supports professional development through the Headley Travel Fund. Detailed information about this fund can be found in the Campus Handbook. To apply for travel funds, please complete the online application form.
Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI)
Faculty and staff traveling internationally on College business are covered for emergency evacuation assistance through Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI). Record your travel with the International Travel Record. CISI provides medical referrals, evacuation assistance, and a wide range of travel assistance. Additional information can be found on the Business Office website.