Full-time position as a Biopsy Technician. Work at Allina HealthCare’s Central Laboratory in its Tenth Avenue Facility connected to the Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Full-time: Monday – Friday; 1:00 pm – 9:30 pm.
The biopsy technician works alongside HPA’s accomplished pathologists’ assistants and other healthcare professionals in the laboratory diagnostic process. As a biopsy technician, you will perform gross examinations of routine pathology specimens. A gross exam is the visual inspection of tissue removed from patients during surgical procedures. It involves describing, measuring, and sometimes manipulating the tissue (using ink or sectioning with a scalpel) before submitting it for histologic processing. Gross examination of pathology specimens is one of the first and most critical parts of the laboratory diagnostic process and an integral part of patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform gross examinations of patient tissue specimens under the indirect supervision of a pathologist’s assistant
- Data entry of pathologic data into the electronic medical record
- Assist with the management of surgical specimens, including “flagging” cases for cancer prioritization processing
- A bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science
- Proficient in computer and software technologies
- Strong communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Client-service orientated with a high level of enthusiasm
- Self-motivated, organized, and detailed-oriented
Discover more information and apply.