The clinical research interns support the Critical Care Research Center at Regions and Methodist Hospitals in clinical trials within EMS, Emergency Medicine, Surgical Intensive Care, Medical Intensive Care, Adult and Pediatric Level I Trauma Program, Surgery Hospital Medicine, Cardiology, ENT, Plastic Surgery, and the Burn Center. Interns will sit in the Emergency Department for most of their shifts and will attend codes (traumas, strokes, and cardiac arrests) to screen study patients. The focus may pivot to experimental COVID-19 treatments pending case surges over the course of internship.
- Data collection and abstraction
- Screen patient subjects for studies
- Support the enrollment of patients into clinical studies
- Engage with medical personnel to confirm eligibility
- Coordinate drug delivery and lab draws with nursing staff
- Sitting in the Emergency Department for the majority of shifts
- Are interested in a career in medicine, health sciences, or clinical research
- Have previous research and/or patient care experience
- Are gap-year students or exceptional college seniors
Apply for the HealthPartners – Clinical Research Internship — The application deadline is April 21.