Below please find some additional information applicable to both Mini-Reunion events. If you have additional questions not answered on this site, please contact Alumni Relations at email@example.com or at 800-729-2586.
Registration and Check-In
If you are arriving by car, please head to Severance Great Hall for a welcome reception and dinner at 5:30 pm with Carleton’s new president Alison Byerly. If you are arriving by plane and are taking the Carleton shuttle bus, you will be taken to your hotel upon arrival into Northfield and then a shuttle van will transport you to Severance Great Hall for the 5:30 pm reception and dinner.
Wireless access to the Carleton network is available throughout campus. To log on, select the “Carleton Guest” wireless network. You will be prompted to press the orange “Log In” button, which will connect you to Carleton’s Guest wireless network. This will need to be done separately for each device. Call the ITS Helpdesk 507-222-5999 if you need assistance.
This event will be held in accordance with our campus COVID policy. We are requiring all attendees to be vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) or provide a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 24 hours before arriving on campus. We also ask you to comply with all other campus requirements for visitors. Updated information and guidance will be available closer to Reunion. Learn more about our COVID policies.
Reunion weekend meals are prepared by Bon Appetit, Carleton’s catering service, and feature locally sourced, organic ingredients.
Meal numbers are confirmed May 1. We ask that you register by this date to ensure we are able to meet your needs. Vegetarian meals are always available. Special dietary needs (gluten-free, etc.) can be accommodated if you indicate your need in your registration.
Travel and Shuttles
There will be complementary shuttle buses between the MSP airport and Northfield, and from the hotels to campus. There will also be golf carts on campus to help with transportation between events, as needed.
Pre-registration is required for the shuttle buses between the airport and Northfield. To add a shuttle registration after you’ve registered for your mini-reunion, you can make a change to your registration online yourself, or you can contact the Alumni Relations office at 800-729-2586 (Monday–Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Central time). If no one has registered in advance for an airport shuttle, that shuttle will not be provided. Remember to allow one hour for travel time between Carleton and the airport. Children’s car seats are not available.
NORTHFIELD LINES, All MOTOR COACHES PICK UP IN THE SILVER PARKING RAMP
From baggage claim at TERMINAL 1, go down to Level T to access the Tram to the Silver Parking Ramp. Take the tram to the stop (it only makes one) and go up a level to the Silver Parking Ramp.
Please note: You will need to go outside to look for your bus. There will be a Carleton sign in the window of the bus.
Please Note: Several airlines (Condor, Frontier, Icelandair, Jet Blue, Southwest, and Sun Country) use the smaller Terminal 2. The shuttle does not stop at Terminal 2. You can travel between MSP’s terminals via free Light Rail Transit (LRT) service. Trains run between terminals around the clock, seven days a week, approximately every 10 minutes.
Classes will be in session in May when you are visiting campus and parking on campus is limited. Please comply with all posted street signs when parking on city streets around campus. Some on-campus golf cart shuttle service will be provided during your stay.
What to Bring
If you forget anything, you can probably find what you need in the College Bookstore or just down the road at one of Northfield’s fine retail stores. But here are a few reminders of what to bring for your return to campus.
- Water bottle (there will be water stations around campus), camera, scrapbooks, Carleton memorabilia, music, and anything else that will make your reunion special. We recommend you put your name on anything important, in case it’s accidentally left behind.
- May’s weather is unpredictable. We strongly recommend bringing a light jacket, umbrella, and sunscreen. Check the latest weather forecast when packing.
- Carleton’s athletic facilities and fields will be open during your stay. Bring your swimsuit/racket/softball glove/Frisbee, etc., and check your final schedule on arrival for open times. Please note that glass is prohibited on Carleton’s athletic fields; we appreciate your cooperation in keeping our fields safe for students.
Carleton’s Environmental Statement of Principles affirms that the “College recognizes that it exists as part of interconnected communities that are impacted by personal and institutional choices.” Because of this and our commitment to the 2011 Climate Action Plan to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050, we strive to create an experience rooted in connecting alumni back to campus while serving as an example for sustainable event best practices. We are currently reviewing over 50 action items to continue to make reunion events more sustainable year after year.
- We are working to select more sustainable food options by exploring local sources as well as vegetarian and vegan dishes.
- Carleton is supporting the local drinking water infrastructure by providing water on tap in place of bottled water with single use plastic.
What You Can Do
We’re working to make your reunion as green as we can, and we need your help! Learn more about what you can do to help below, and feel free to ask questions when you get to campus.
- Pack your favorite reusable water bottle! There will be some available for purchase in the Carleton Bookstore as well. Filling stations are in most buildings around campus. We hope to eliminate plastic bottle waste as we continue to reduce single use plastics across the event.
- Travel to your reunion sustainably. Consider taking a shuttle to and from the airport, carpooling with your classmates across the country, or offsetting your carbon emissions from travel.
- Return your name badges and lanyards before departing so that they can be reused for future Reunions.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.