U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar seeks a detailed-oriented staff assistant with sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills to assist in day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills, be a dependable problem solver, be detail-oriented, work well under deadlines, and bring a strong interest in serving Minnesota’s most vulnerable communities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answers and screens telephone calls for the Congressman and other staff members;
- Greets and screens visitors;
- Orders all office supplies and maintains office equipment;
- Assists with receptionist duties;
- Ensures that requests for assistance are directed to the appropriate staff member in a timely manner;
- Assist as needed with intern program;
- Hold a portfolio of casework related to immigration and IRS issues.
- Documents constituent opinions, and all relevant information;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to use and troubleshoot photocopier, facsimile machine, telephone, and other office equipment;
- Excellent organizational and proofreading skills;
- Ability to perform essential job functions above;
- Professional telephone manner;
- Temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant and professional manner;
- Works well under pressure and handles stress;
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with a diverse constituency;
Position is full time and based in Minneapolis, MN; Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm; occasional nights and weekends. Salary commensurate with experience. Interested candidates please send cover letter and resume to Clara Haycraft with the subject line “Staff Assistant.” Please save cover letter and resume in a single file (PDF preferred) and name the file “Last name, First name.” The deadline for applications is Friday, April 15, 2022.
This office is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate based on race, sex, color, age, religion, disability, national origin, uniformed status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.