- The American Philosophical Association: The online site of the main professional organization for graduate and undergraduate philosophers. The site has meeting notes, organization information, and web resources.
- Why? Philosophy radio show broadcasting out of the University of North Dakota
Online Research Sites
(Generally available only if logged on through Carleton or another subscribing institution)
- Gould Library Philosophy Research Guide (available without login)
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Philosopher’s Index: Abstracts and bibliographic information for virtually all philosophical periodicals since 1940.
- JSTOR: Access to back issues up until the last five years or so from a number of leading philosophical periodicals.
- PhilPapers: a fantastic starting point for searching for papers.
The Chair of the Department is typically the academic advisor for all majors.
Student Departmental Advisor
An SDA, knowledgeable of the ins and outs of the Philosophy program, is appointed each year through the Office of the Dean of Students. In addition, of course, any faculty member will be happy to speak with any students about any aspect of the Philosophy program.
Undergraduate Philosophy Journals
(These are all places where you can submit your work!)