Meet the lab!
Our work deals with how humans perceive speech and recognize spoken words. Some of our research topics include:
- audiovisual integration (i.e., combining information about talking faces with what we hear)
- the influence of expectations and contextual information on spoken word recognition
- the role of individual difference factors (e.g., cognitive abilities, personality, etc) in spoken word recognition abilities
- quantification and mathematical modeling of the processes underlying spoken word recognition
- measuring the cognitive effort necessary to understand speech
Work in the perception lab 2019-2022 is supported via an NIH AREA grant from the National Institute of Deafness and Communication Disorders (NIDCD).