Teaching & Research Resources
- Row Forms in the serial works of Schoenberg, Berg, and Webern
- Metric Fake Outs — A spreadsheet which lists pop songs with metrically ambiguous openings.
- Pop Music Harmonic Surprises — A spreadsheet that lists pop songs which contain various harmonic & other surprises.
- Bad Text Setting Examples — A spreadsheet which lists popular and art songs with both intentional and unintentional mismatches of musical and prosodic accents.
- Tapping Doesn’t Help: Perception-Action Dissociation in Musical Tempo Judgment, Musicology Department Colloquium, University of Oslo, March 2018.
- Programming the 808: A Project Based Unit for Rhythm Pedagogy, given at the 2017 meeting of the Society for Music Theory.
- IK (Interdisciplinary College) 2017 Lectures on “Cooperative Music Making and Musical Virtuosity” (A Quick and Dirty Introduction to Musical Rhythm, What is Synchronization?, Synchronization in Music, and On Musical Virtuosity).
- “Dansa” from Mali: Tempo-Metrical Types in Swing-based Meters, given at the 2014 meeting of the Society for Music Theory.
Research Presentation Videos