Café Fast Procedure for Meal Plan Donations
Café Fast provides a mechanism for converting the value of forfeited dining hall meals into donations to charitable organizations or causes. Students pledge to give up a meal on the specified day, always a Friday lunch, and Dining Services gives a portion of the meal’s value ($2.20) to charity.
- Empty Bowls received Café Fast, 359 students skipped a meal resulting in a donation of $790.00
- CARE received Café Fast, 252 students skipped a meal resulting in a donation of $554.50.
Application Short Version:
Any individual or group can request Café Fast through the following steps:
- Fill out the form below in order to be put on the Senate Agenda.
- Optional but encouraged: come to Senate, usually the next Monday, to present your request.
- Optional but encouraged: publicize your Café Fast request by tabling in Sayles and other avenues.
Café Fast Rules:
- The Café Fast donation must be a Friday lunch.
- The Café Fast meal can occur no earlier than the 3rd Friday after CSA Senate approval.
- The signup period for donating the meal ends at least 72 hours before the event. Campus Services removes the web form and provides Bon Appetit with an estimate of participation.
- Senate can only approve three Café Fast requests per term, and so awards them on a first come, first serve basis to student groups on behalf of qualified charitable organizations.
If you have additional questions about Cafe Fast, please contact the CSA Vice President.