Making a Budget Committee Request
Funding request forms are categorized according to whether you are requesting funding for an event or a non-event (i.e. a conference, new equipment, etc). Request forms are due by Tuesday at 5 PM to be considered for the same Wedneday’s 7 p.m. meeting. Some things to keep in mind when filling out a request form are:
- Be as specific as you can
- Include ALL prices and quantities of items you need to obtain
- Include plans for advertisement (all Budget Committee funded events must be open to the entire campus and advertised)
Important rules include:
- We typically fund for advertising at $5
- We only fund food if it is central and essential to an event
- We do not fund personal property
- We do not fund retroactively (so request money before your event, preferable at least one week prior)
Tips for going to Budget Committee
Before you make a BC request, it is important to consider the following questions. If you need help, the Student Activities Office is always staffed with a worker who can help you.
- Have you looked for alternate sources of funding?
- What would this event contribute to Carleton as a whole?
- Is this event open to the entire Carleton campus?
- Are there other student organizations with whom you could collaborate?
- If applicable, has the idea/event been approved by the appropriate administrators?
- Have you reserved the space for the event and/or transportation to the event?
- Are you certain this is the lowest possible price for your event/idea?