All students, faculty, and staff receive a Carleton College identification (OneCard) and are expected to carry it with them. You can submit your ID card photo in advance of your arrival.
Steps to submit an ID photo:
- Review the guidelines for acceptable ID photos (passport photos are also a good guide).
- Choose a photo that meets those guidelines.
- Upload your photo submission through the Get app (for iOS, for Android). (Carleton username and password is required)
- Pick an photo to use, centered on your head and shoulders with an aspect ratio similar to a passport photo (1×1, or square).
- Go to “Upload ID Photo” on the right side of the screen
- Click Browse and choose your photo
- Review your photo submission (you will see the submitted photo on the photo submission page). If you would like to submit a different photo, click on the Browse button, choose a different photo and resubmit it.
Once your photo has been reviewed and accepted, you will be unable to submit any changes. Generally, Campus Services will review photos for new students in the last part of August, once each business day. Incoming new and transfer students are welcome to submit their photo earlier in the summer but it may not be reviewed until later.
Note that if you want a new OneCard photo after yours has been accepted, you will need to pay the $15 replacement fee.
If you submit a photo that does not meet the guidelines, then we will delete the photo and email you to let you know why we are unable to accept that image; we will invite you to submit a different photo. If you are unable to submit a photo that meets our guidelines, then we will take your picture when you arrive on campus and print a card for you at that time (note that this may cause delays in your ability to access spaces and services on campus).
Your OneCard photo will also show in the Campus Directory. Faculty and Staff can change their Directory image there after the fact. Students who want a new photo for the Directory must take a new OneCard photo.