What are Schillers?
In addition to giving you access to buildings and services, the OneCard can also act as a purchase card for some campus transactions with Schillers. Schillers are the OneCard’s unit of currency. One U.S. dollar equals one Schiller. You can pre-purchase Schillers to spend at authorized campus locations at Carleton College, St. Olaf College, and at several local merchants.
Spend Schillers at Carleton and St. Olaf:
Add Schillers two ways:
- Online 24 hours a day
- In Person at the Bookstore or Business Office during business hours
- You must present your OneCard.
- $5.00 minimum — cash or check only.
- Schillers account funds automatically carry over from year to year.
- Use these stored funds at many locations at Carleton College and St. Olaf College and at several Northfield merchants.
- Withdrawal of Schillers is not permitted from any OneCard account.
Refund requests are accepted when the cardholder graduates, withdraws, or leaves the college. Refund checks are processed when:
- The account balance is $20.00 or more, AND…
- There are no outstanding student charges with the Business Office, AND…
- A written request is submitted to Campus Services
Graduating Seniors Refunds
Graduating seniors with a Schillers balance of $20.00 or more will automatically be issued a refund check from the Business Office in July after graduation (minus any outstanding fees due the college).
Use your OneCard to purchase beverages and snacks from vending machines in:
- Weitz Center
Please complete the Vending Refund form if you have experienced a vending machine failure on our campus.