Because the OneCard is a campus “key” to buildings and has the capability to store cash value, it is important that you protect your OneCard just as you would a driver’s license or bank card. Here are some tips on protecting your card:
- Do not lend your card to anyone for any purpose.
- If you lose your card, report it immediately so it can be deactivated. Do not assume that you have just misplaced it temporarily and will find it later.
- Check balances and activity on the OneCard Dashboard.
Taking care of your OneCard
For best results, please follow these OneCard care instructions:
- Keep your OneCard in your wallet or in a free protective card holder, available from Campus Services (Sayles-Hill 5).
- Handle your OneCard like cash. Schillers will not be refunded — even if your OneCard is lost or stolen.
- Never leave your OneCard on your dashboard or in the sun.
- Never allow the magnetic stripe on your OneCard to be scratched by keys, coins or other sharp objects.
- Never bend your OneCard.
- Never punch holes in or apply stickers to your OneCard.