Carleton College Office of Intercultural Life (OIL)
The Office of Intercultural Life (OIL) provides resources and programs on issues of equity, inclusion, diversity, and self-advocacy. OIL is able to accomplish this by working in partnership with staff, faculty, domestic and international students of color.
The Office of Intercultural Life strives to strengthen community and individual well-being. OIL strives to create learning experiences and leadership opportunities that prepare students in engaging in dialogue on issues of diversity and sustainable allyship in order to grow as global citizens.
- Create learning experiences for the campus community
- Collaborate with academic and administrative departments to support students throughout all aspects of campus life
- Provide mentorship to first-year students of color and international students to assist with academic and social transitions
- Encourage the holistic development of students
- Provide opportunities for diversity, allyship, and cultural competency training