Click on the “Apply Now” link from the program website to open an application.
Complete all required forms and documents (including recommendations) by the application deadline.
- Summer 2024: Monday, January 22, 2024
- Fall Term 2024: Monday, February 5, 2024
- Winter Break 2024: Monday, April 1, 2024
- Winter Term 2025: Monday, April 8, 2024
- Spring Term 2025: Monday, April 15, 2024
Upon invitation, sign up for an interview with the faculty director.
Three to four weeks after the deadline, you will receive an accept/waitlist/regret email from OCS with further instructions.
Carleton Global Engagement Programs
- Click on the “Apply Now” link from the program website to open an application.
- Complete all required forms and documents (including recommendations) by the application deadline (March 15).
- Three to four weeks after the deadline, you will receive an accept/waitlist/regret email from OCS with further instructions.
Students wishing to participate in a non-Carleton program MUST OPEN an application for Carleton approval through the OCS Student Portal at the same time they initiate their application for a non-Carleton program. The application must be completed by the third Thursday of the term prior to the program.
Approvals are processed on a rolling basis. Applications for approval will not be considered retroactively and late requests are accepted only at the discretion of the Off-Campus Studies Director. Financial aid will be released after the Student Financial Aid Office has been notified by the OCS Office that your application has been approved.
Submitting an application for approval of a non-Carleton program is considered an intention to be off-campus for the stated term. Students will be removed from housing and registration priority lists.
You will receive an email letter of approval or denial of participation in your proposed off-campus program from the OCS Office with (if approved) a checklist of required and recommended pre-departure tasks.
If your application for Carleton approval is denied, you may not participate in the program for Carleton credit. You may inquire in the Dean of Students Office about taking a leave of absence to participate in the program without earning Carleton credit.
If your application is approved, but you are not accepted into the program, OR if you decide not to participate in the OCS program for which you were approved, you must withdraw your online application and notify the OCS office in writing (email is acceptable). You will be able to register for classes as usual, and you will be guaranteed campus housing.
Application and Approval Process
Select the program in the OCS student portal and click, “apply now” to apply for Carleton approval at the same time you apply for program admission. If the program is not in the directory, email Fabia Calabresi Dennison for assistance. You must open an application for Carleton approval before OCS can complete any home school nomination or recommendation forms for you.
Complete all of the required forms and documents (including academic adviser’s signature) by the deadline:
- Winter Term and Winter/Spring 2024: September 28, 2023
- Spring Term 2024: January 18, 2024
- Summer, Fall and All Year 2024-25: April 11, 2024
- Winter Term Winter/Spring 2025: September 26, 2024
- Spring Term 2025: January 16, 2025
OCS may contact you for additional information, otherwise, you can expect to receive an approve/not approve email two to three weeks after your application is submitted with further instructions.
Carleton charges a $500 administrative fee for all non-Carleton programs. The fee will be posted to your student account and due before the program begins.