Thank you to everyone who participated in this year’s Off-Campus Studies Photo Contest — we received a whopping 285 submissions! From these, a panel of faculty & staff judges selected the Top 25. The Carleton community voted for the People’s Choice Award, and all finalists were celebrated at an end-of-term reception.
Thank you to this year’s judges: Renee Faulkner (Director of Intercultural Life), Deborah Gross (Charles “Jim” and Marjorie Kade Professor of the Sciences), and Kiley Kost (Lecturer in German). Thanks also to the category award sponsors/judges: Gould Library (Libraries of the World), the Division of Communications (Carls Off-Campus), Arnab Chakladar (Foods of the World), and Off-Campus Studies.
Congratulations to this year’s category winners:
- People’s Choice: “Women in Wolkite” by Leo Jordan ’24
- People: “Grand Boubou à Paris” by Diaraye Diallo ’23
- Place: “Pots in the Omani Souk” by Liora Newman ’23
- Story: “Define Sacred:” by Andreas Miller ’24
- Foods of the World: “Special Tea” by Sophie McManus ’25
- Libraries of the World: “Stadtbibliothek am Mailänder Platz” by Lev Shuster ’24
- Carls Off-Campus: “Mt. Ngauruhoe” by Adele Fredericks ’25