The 35th Annual OCS Photo Contest is currently live! However, this year’s photo contest isn’t just for students who participated in your usual OCS experiences. COVID has made for a very different and difficult year, but throughout quarantine and remote learning, Carls all over the world have found new ways of having fun and connecting with one another. Whether that means taking up a new hobby, partaking in a virtual game night, reconnecting with nature, or something else, we at the OCS office believe that those experiences deserve to be shared. That’s why we created a new category for these new circumstances called “Off-Campus Studies, At Home.” Submit one photo (in addition to your other three submissions) from any term you studied remotely (i.e. not on Carleton’s campus). From fun quarantine memories to classic study abroad experiences, if you have photos you’d like to share, submit to the OCS Photo Contest for the chance at winning some cool prizes!
Prizes are awarded by category and include:
- $50 to the top photo in the People category
- $50 to the top photo in the Picturesque Places category
- $50 to the top photo in the Photos That Tell a Story category
- $200 to the top photo in the Carls Off-Campus category
- $100 to the top photo in the Libraries of the World category
- Different Bon App snack packs for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the Foods of the World category
- $50 to the People’s Choice photo
- $50 to the top photo in the Off-Campus Studies, At Home category
The deadline for all photo submissions is Sunday, April 4th. Discover more submission details and category descriptions and check out last years photo contest winners. If you have any questions, please contact Isabel Hackett (email@example.com) or Maia Garby (firstname.lastname@example.org).