This year, we received a total of twenty submissions to the Global Experience Travel Writing Contest! Despite the unconventional year that we had, Carleton students were eager to share stories from their experiences abroad, their domestic travels, and even their discovery of Northfield.
A special congratulations to this year’s winners:
- 1st Place: “A Tourist in My Own Homeland” by Chloe Jones ’23
- 2nd Place: “Una Cultura Mestiza” by Kamala Ghaneabassiri ’22
- 3rd Place: “Snapshots” by Andriana Taratsas ’23
- Honorable Mentions:
- “Home(sick) Wonder” by KatieRose Kimball ’23
- “A World Awaiting: Musings on Why We Travel” by Rachel Heilbronner ’22
Many thanks to Bonnie Nadzam, this year’s external judge, as well as Apoorba Misra, Brenda Hellen, and David Tompkins, this year’s internal judges. Thanks also to the contest sponsors: Center for Global and Regional Studies, Cross-Cultural Studies, Dean of Students Office, Off-Campus Studies, and the Writing Center.