Please see the Music Lessons page for more information on private lessons offered at Carleton.
Students interested in strings (5+ years of private study), piano (4+ years of private study) or voice need to audition or make a placement appointment. Students with fewer than 5 years of string experience or fewer than 4 years of piano experience may sign up for 1-credit lessons (Music 155, 155J, 156, 156J or 150, 150J respectively) without a placement audition.
Students should have studied piano for several years before registering for organ, harpsichord, or jazz piano.
No auditions are necessary for brass, percussion, and wind instrument lessons. Beginners through advanced students may register for private lessons.
After registration, each instructor will contact students regarding lesson scheduling. You may be asked to fill out the Music Lesson Schedule and return it to your instructor. Be sure to include all information to help schedule your lesson.
Your lesson time will be scheduled so as not to conflict with your registered and wait-listed classes. You may also include your work schedules, sports, etc. and your instructor will try to avoid these times, although it may sometimes be necessary to change work schedules.
Placement Auditions/Interviews for Private Lessons
Please email Diane Fredrickson, Administrative Assistant, email@example.com to sign up for private string, or piano lesson placement.
Private Voice Lesson Placement
- Students interested in studying voice and/or have questions please email Rick Penning at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to meet via ZOOM.
Private String Lesson Placement
- Tuesday, Sept. 14, 1:00-3:00 pm, M104 Kracum Performance Hall
- For further information please contact Hector Valdivia, email@example.com
Private Piano Lesson Placement
- Saturday, Sept. 11, 12:30-1:30 pm; 3:30-5:30 pm, Location: TBD
Beginning through advanced students may register for private lessons.
- For further information please contact Nikki Melville, firstname.lastname@example.org