Welcome to the Ensemble Library (ELibe)
Weitz M016/M039 (basement below Kracum Hall)
At the ELibe you can:
- Borrow and instrument for playing in an ensemble or lessons
- Check out a locker to store your instrument you brought from home
- Get supplies for band and orchestra instruments (strings, reeds, mutes, etc)
- Be fitted and assigned uniforms for choir and Chinese ensembles
Ensemble Library Hours
ELibe staff will be on site and available to answer email, remote chat, and deliver supplies during the following hours:
- Monday 1:00-9:00
- Tuesday 1:00-9:00
- Wednesday 1:00-9:00
- Thursday 1:00-9:00
- Friday 1:00-5:00
- Saturday 1:00-5:00
- Sunday 1:00-5:00
To be assigned lockers and college owned instruments
- Email email@example.com with the following information
- Instrument you are looking to store or check out
- Which terms you need the locker/instrument
- Which ensembles/lessons you are registered for
ELibe staff will reply with a locker number/combo and you will get a confirmation email from the WebCheckout circulation system. Staff may ask clarifying questions before assigning lockers/instruments.
Try out the locker combo and loaned instrument to make sure everything works. Email Elibe staff for further assistance as needed.
How to Open Your Music Locker:
To check out accessories or purchase supplies
- Circulating accessories: email firstname.lastname@example.org with requests for
- Orchestra: rock stops, shoulder rests, mutes
- Band: mutes, instrument stands, straps
- Consumable supplies (strings, reeds, valve oil, rosin)
- Free for students using college owned instruments. Email email@example.com to request.
- Available for purchase through the ELibe using Schillers. Elibe staff will deliver to your locker or mailbox during open hours.
To be fitted for uniforms, students will make arrangements with their ensemble directors.
To gain access to special rooms and instruments not circulated through the ELibe, students should contact their directors/instructors.
Please Note the Following
- There are a limited number of musical instruments available on a first-come first-served basis
- Preference for lockers and instruments goes to students registered for Music Department ensembles, chamber music, and music lessons