- Bensimon, E.M., Ward, K. & Sanders, K. (2000). Creating Mentoring Relationships and Fostering Collegiality. The Department Chair’s Role in Developing New Faculty Into Teachers and Scholars (chapter 10). Bolton, MA: Anker Publishing Co.
- Boice, R. (2000). Advice for new faculty members. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- Fort, D. (Ed.) (1993). A Hand Up: Women Mentoring Women in Science. Washington, DC: Association of Women in Science.
- Goldsmith, J.A., Komlos, J. & Schine Gold, P. (2001). The Chicago Guide to Your Academic Career: A Portable Mentor for Scholars from Graduate School through Tenure. Chicago: Univ. of Chicago Press.
- Hall, R.M. & Sandler, B.R. (1983). Academic Mentoring for Women Students and Faculty: A New Look at an Old Way to Get Ahead. Project on the Status and Education of Women. Washington, D.C.: Association of American Colleges.
- Rackham Graduate School (2002). How to Get the Mentoring You Want: A Guide for Graduate Students at a Diverse University. University of Michigan: Rackham Graduate School.
- Sandler, B.R. (1992). Success and Survival Strategies for Women Faculty Members. Washington, DC: AAAC.
- Sorcinelli, M.D. (1992) Developing New and Junior Faculty, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Sorcinelli, M.D. (2000) Heeding New Voices: Academic Careers for a New Generation, Washington, D.C.: American Association for Higher Education
- Sorcinelli, M.D. (2000). Principles of Good Practice: Supporting Early-Career Faculty. American Association for Higher Education, New Pathways Working Paper #7.
- Sorcinelli, M. D., & Yun, J. H. (2007). From mentors to mentoring networks: Mentoring in the new academy. Change, 39(6), 58-61
- Toth, E. (1997). Ms. Mentor’s Impeccable Advice for Women in Academia. Philadelphia, PA: University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Trautvetter, L. C. (1999). “Experiences of Women, Experiences of Men”. In R.Menges and Associates, Faculty in New Jobs (pp. 59-87). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Wunsch, M. (1994). Mentoring Revisited: Making an Impact on Individuals and Institutions, (New Directions for Teaching and Learning, no. 57) (pp. 9-13). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Zelditch, M. (1990, March). Mentor Roles. Proceedings of the 32nd Annual Meeting of the Western Associate of Graduate Schools, Tempe, Arizona.
- USC Center for Teaching Excellence
- Macalester College Connected Colleagues Program
- “Giving and Getting Career Advice: A Guide for Junior and Senior Faculty,” University of Michigan