Carleton has an institutional membership to the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). The NCFDD is a nationally-recognized, independent organization that provides online faculty development and mentoring resources for faculty.
Carleton faculty have found the following NCFDD resources to be particularly useful:
- The weekly Monday Motivator email,
- The monthly Core Curriculum webinars,
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges, and
- Access to guest expert webinars and the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings.
You can activate your membership by following the steps outlined below:
- Go to facultydiversity.org/join and choose Carleton College from the drop-down menu
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your Carleton email address
- Go to your Carleton email to find a confirmation/welcome email, and click “Activate Account” in the email.
The NCFDD also offers the Faculty Success Program (“Faculty Bootcamp”), which requires additional fees. The Dean of College has designated up to $12,000 each year to support faculty to participate in the Faculty Success Program. Faculty who are interested in the Program are encouraged to consult with the Director of the Learning and Teaching Center for more information about the program and how it has benefited Carleton faculty.
Applications for grants to provide either full or partial support for participation in the Faculty Success Program will be considered on a rolling basis, but for best consideration faculty wishing to participate in the Fall Program should apply for funding by June 1 and those wishing to participate in the Spring Program should apply for funding by September 1.
Faculty interested in applying for these funds should send a brief letter of application to the Dean of the College describing their interest and goals in participating in the program