The Carleton Comps & Student Work Archive is a digital collection of comps, honors papers, and prize-winning student works submitted since the 2008-09 academic year. This archive is a collaboration between academic departments and the library and is housed in the Carleton Digital Commons. Students self-submit their work with the guidance of their departments and programs. Descriptive information about each comps, honors paper, or prize-winning work is available to search or browse. Access to the full text of works is limited to the original author of the work, current Carleton faculty, and faculty-approved Carleton students and staff. This page describes how to submit work and request access.
Submit Your Work
Accessing Student Work in the Archive
Anyone may search or browse the descriptive metadata (titles, authors, etc.) of the Comps & Student Work Archive. However, access to the full text of any student work is limited to the original author of the work, current Carleton faculty, and current faculty-approved Carleton students and staff.
- Use the Request Form to request a copy of any student work for yourself or any current Carleton students approved by you. A library staff member will deliver a copy of the work to you. Alternatively, a department admin may submit a request on behalf of a faculty member.
- Talk with a faculty member, direct them to this page, and ask that they fill out the Request Form on your behalf.
Authors of a Student Work
- Use the Request Form to request a copy of your work. A library staff member will deliver a copy of the work to you.
Alumni and Non-affiliated Users
- Unfortunately, we cannot grant access to anyone who is not the original author of the work, current faculty, or current faculty-approved Carleton students and staff.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Comps in the Library
The library houses a small selection of physical copies of student comps. For any departments and years not listed below, please contact the departments directly to inquire about access to their comps.
- All submitted comps: 2008/09 to present in the digital archive
- A limited selection of comps from American Studies, English, Environmental and Technology Studies, Russian, Sociology and Anthropology, Cinema and Media Studies, and Interdisciplinary Studies, held in the College Archives
- Physics comps: from 1978 to 2013 in the general stacks
- Geology comps: from 1972 to the present (the most recent year may not yet be available) in the general stacks and from 2003 to 2006 on CD-ROM in the Archives