Who May Borrow
The following persons are eligible to check out materials from the Library:
- Carleton and St. Olaf students, faculty, and staff
- Carleton and St. Olaf alumni
- Individuals who are not affiliated with Carleton or St. Olaf, but reside nearby may apply for library privileges. See Community Members & Alumni for more information.
Carleton and St. Olaf students, faculty, and staff are registered automatically in the Carleton/St. Olaf Library’s circulation computer system. All others should inquire about their eligibility for a library card at the Circulation Desk. A form of identification, such as a driver’s license or campus ID card, is required to apply for a library card.
You must present your library card/OneCard for any circulation or reserve transaction.
Renewals are permitted for Carleton and St. Olaf borrowers for most items that do not have a hold placed on them. Certain collection items cannot be renewed.
General collection and open reserve items may be renewed:
- by viewing your circulation record on Catalyst and selecting RENEW items.
- in person at the Circulation Desk.
2-hour and 4-hour reserve items may not be renewed.
We cannot accept renewal requests by telephone.
The Carleton Library Recall Policy exists to ensure equitable access to the collection for all students, faculty, and staff. Any patron may place a recall on an item that is checked out to another patron. Placement of a recall request will prompt the item to fall due in four days. The library will immediately inform the individual who has the item checked out of the new due date. Short-term loans, such as Reserve materials, cannot be recalled.
A recall may be placed on material that is already checked out.
- If an item is recalled it must be returned by the new recall due date. Items recalled for reserve must be returned immediately. If material is not returned by the recall due date, a fine of $5 per day will be assessed.
- Recalled material must be picked up within four days of the date of the notice of availability. If it is not picked up within this time, it will be returned to the stacks or given to the next person on the waiting list.
- Library materials are to be used where they can easily be returned if they are recalled. For this reason, taking library materials out of the country is not allowed. All of our materials are shared resources for the entire campus, and taking them where they cannot be easily returned if recalled means that no one else can make use of them.
Fines & Fees
|Type of Fine/Fee||Fine/Fee Amount|
|Overdue 2 and 4 Hour Reserves||$2/hour, up to $15 per item|
|Lost Item Replacement Fee||General Carleton & St. Olaf materials: $60
ILL materials: $60
Locker keys: $25
Laptop chargers & optical drives: $125
Special Collections materials: assessed at market value
Damaged library materials will be assessed by the Preservation Specialist, and the borrowers responsible for the damage will be charged for the repair or replacement of the material.
Overdues for the General Collection
A Courtesy Notice is sent three days before an item is due. The first Overdue Notice is sent the day after the item is due. At this time you should renew or return overdue material. If the overdue item is not renewed or returned, you will be sent follow up Overdue Notices.
The Sixth Overdue Notice informs you that you have been billed for overdue items. You are billed $60 for replacement of each overdue item. If the item is returned in good condition within 30 days of being billed, the $60 replacement fee will be waived.
You are responsible for the timely return of all materials, whether or not you receive any reminder or overdue notices from the Carleton and St. Olaf Libraries.
Confidentiality of Records
Library circulation records and other records identifying the names of library users are confidential in nature. Such records will not be made available except pursuant to court order, search warrant, or subpoena. Requests for confidential library circulation records from a federal, state, or local enforcement agency should be referred to the College Librarian.
Questions & Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions about Circulation, Reserve, Shelving, or other Loan Services functions contact Lisa Pillow, Head of Loan Services by email at email@example.com, by phone at (507) 222-5447, or in her office (Library 472).