Are masks required inside Gould Library?
Masks continue to be required for those who are not fully vaccinated and boosted. Your mask must cover both your mouth and your nose.
How do I schedule an event in the Athenaeum? What are the limitations?
To schedule the Athenaeum for an event, please email email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE CURRENT LIMITATIONS:
1. No food is allowed in the athenaeum while the current mask mandate is in effect.
2. Maximum occupancy is 40. Event hosts are responsible for compliance of occupancy levels during their event.
How do I put items on reserve?
How do I get access to a book or book chapter?
Can I still donate books to the library?
Can I request or make my own digital copies of films, books, etc to distribute to my students? What copyright considerations apply?
- Link to existing licensed content when possible. Your Library Liaison can help you locate licensed material and identify stable links to that material so that it will work from off campus.
- Perform a Fair Use analysis.The Copyright Committee can help you think through this process and relevant considerations.
- Seek permission or alternative content as needed. Your Liaison Librarian can work with you to investigate whether alternative content is accessible that would help you achieve your learning goals.
Special considerations for film and audio digitizationDigitizing and showing entire films or audio performances is often not advisable.
- Select films or audio that are already available online and link to those. For content primarily available through Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, etc, consider building your syllabus around one of those platforms and having students temporarily subscribe to those services as if they were buying a textbook. (Note that international access to these platforms may vary considerably, so students should use our VPN to access content.)
- Work with your Library Liaison to find alternative content that would serve your learning goals.
- Choose brief clips that are more likely to be considered Fair Use, and work with Academic Technology to deliver those clips to your students. As usual, PEPS will require documentation of your Fair Use analysis before they can reproduce multimedia works.
- Seek permission from the copyright holder, bearing in mind that this can take some time. As usual, PEPS will require documentation of permission before they can reproduce multimedia works.