At Carleton we offer:
- A special major in Japanese.
- A minor in Japanese.
- A major in Asian Studies.
- A minor in East Asian Studies.
- Year-long and term-long off-campus study opportunities in Kyoto and Tokyo.
Did you know?
- Japan’s economy is the third-largest by nominal GDP and the fourth-largest by purchasing power.
- Japan is the 11th most populous country in the world.
- Japan has the world’s second-highest life expectancy; with only Hong Kong above.
- Japan has one of the lowest crime rates in the world.
- From Tokyo, it only takes 2 hours 20 minutes to fly to Seoul, 3 hours 15 minutes to fly to Shanghai, 7 hours 15 minutes to fly to Singapore; via Japan you can access East and Southeast Asia.
- Kyoto, Japan’s ancient capital, was founded as Heian in 794.
- Japan produces a wealth of anime, video games, and manga!