Did you know?
- If a word has ph or rh in it, it probably comes from ancient Greek.
- The civilizations of Greece and Rome link us with the cultures of 57 nations on four continents.
- Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin took first class honours in Ancient Greek from University College London. You, too, can be a rock star if you learn Greek!
At Carleton we offer:
- A flexible major in Classics that allows focus in either Greek or Latin, or the civilizations (history, literature, archaeology) more generally.
- Minors in Greek, Latin or Classics.
- Courses in Greek authors of interest to students in History, Religion, Political Science, Philosophy, Theater and Literature.
- Off-campus study programs in Athens through College Year in Athens and other organizations.
- An intimate community of faculty and students passionate about the ancient world.
For more information:
- Go the the Placement Page for information about language placement exams.
- For all other questions, check out the Department of Classics.